Selecting Bay Area Wisdom Teeth is an easy choice.
- Saturday appointments are convenient for working adults and students.
- Upon entering the office, the clean and fun design will help you feel more comfortable. Many patients, who are also patients of Bay Area Kids Dentist, feel extra comfortable because they are familiar with the office and have already had so many positive experiences at our office.
- Our Doctors are Board-Certified Oral Surgeons. So, you can feel confident that you are with dental professional with extensive surgical training, skill, and experience. Board-Certified Oral Surgeons are recognized as having achieved the highest standard within their profession.
You and Dr. Shahzad may determine that you need a tooth extraction for any number of reasons.
- Preparation for orthodontic treatment
- Some teeth are extracted because they are severely decayed
- Advanced periodontal disease (gum disease)
- Broken in a way that cannot be repaired
- Poorly positioned in the mouth (such as impacted teeth)
The removal of a single tooth can lead to problems related to your chewing ability, problems with your jaw joint, and shifting teeth, which can have a major impact on your dental health.
To avoid these complications, in most cases, Dr. Shahzad will discuss alternatives to extractions as well as replacement of the extracted tooth.
At the time of extraction, the doctor will need to numb your tooth, jaw bone and gums that surround the area with a local anesthetic.
During the extraction process, you will feel a lot of pressure. This is from the process of firmly rocking the tooth in order to widen the socket for removal. You will feel the pressure without pain as the anesthetic has numbed the nerves stopping the transference of pain, yet the nerves that transmit pressure are not profoundly affected. If you do feel pain at any time during the extraction please let us know right away.